How much is the picture painted by the neural network? Is created the first production flying car? We already know the answers to these and many other questions from the world of high technologies and is ready to share them with you.
1. March 6 at auction in London appeared a very unusual lot — installation, the main element of which is a neural network that is constantly generating unique portraits. The project, called "Memories of passers-by 1", will be the second work of art from AI, which will be sold. This is the first such network that is designed specifically for the auction.
The Installation consists of two screens connected by a small vintage chest of drawers (by the way, is also an important part of the project, the walnut tree still). It is in this "nightstand" is an artificial intelligence that generates a stream of images. As the Creator of the project, the buyer of this lot will provide original portraits of a lifetime (Yes, they never again).
How much? Bidding will start at 50 thousand dollars and can reach up to a million. Hell, Picasso's often cheaper!
2. Developing flying cars do Audi, Airbus, Uber and many other companies, but almost all of them at the moment, can only show the concepts of their creations. It seems that the Dutch company PAL-V was the first who was able to provide a working machine that was certified and ready to fly.
Flying car PAL-V Liberty Pioneer Edition was presented at the Geneva international motor show. The device has the shape of a gyroplane and a huge screw, which lifts the entire structure up. If for some reason the flight would be impossible, he will be able to drive on roads like an ordinary car — fortunately, his screws neatly folded.
The Volume of the tank equal to 100 liters every hour of flight consumes 26 liters of fuel. The flight speed reaches 180 mph. The company intends to issue 90 flying cars, right to fly on this, you will not be able — the settlements are not yet ready for the emergence of this unusual transport. And it would be great to get to work in 15 minutes!
3. would be just fine, if dental fillings were unlimited service life. Unfortunately, because of the pressure when chewing and destructive influence of the microbes, they can last only 7-10 years. Very soon, this gap can be significantly expanded — scientists from the University of Oregon health and Sciences has created a new material and glue, which will allow seals to serve for much longer than before.
The Main element strong of seals is torecan component that is used to impart wear resistance to the ship decks and vehicles. Thanks to new technology people will not have to visit dentists as frequently as before. Not only does this save money and hassle, but also to prevent serious complications that can arise if you ignore the problems with the standard seals.
By the Way, you also appeared in my mind the sound of the drill from the dentist's office?
4. March 2, 2019, the event has taken place, the world had been waiting for several years — the spacecraft from SpaceX Crew Dragon was sent to the ISS on top of a reusable booster . Inside the ship there were no living people: they were replaced by a mannequin of the main character of a series of science fiction films "Alien" — Ripley. The device without any problems docked to the International space station.
The Spacecraft Crew Dragon is designed to deliver astronauts — earlier it was used by the spacecraft "Soyuz". The successful docking proved that NASA will no longer be dependent on Russian technologies and will be able to deliver astronauts by using SpaceX.
5. and here is the news from a parallel universe — Subaru began to break down because of the perfumes and cosmetics! Apparently, the particles of these chemical substances can adversely affect the sensor pressing the brake pedal, creating a sort of insulating electrical barrier. This barrier increases the electrical resistance, which leads to lower brightness of the brake lights. The problem with the signals could lead to another drawback: the car may simply not start.
Because Of these effects, the manufacturer has treated the issue very seriously. He had to recall 2.3 million vehicles — the largest recall in the history of the company. However, it is not as epic as history with Toyota when it recalled 900,000 vehicles due to the fact that spiders started to weave webs in a drainage pipe of air conditioner.
These are the main news from the world of high technology for the week. What do you think, will drop a probe to the Earth? Lee said Tesla on the Volvo? Write about it .
Authentication system face recognition is becoming more and more popular: we, for example, when was the , came to the event with its help. But what if you install such a system in place with a much larger flow of people — for example, in the su...
Natives of Russia, working in Britain, Konstantin Novoselov and Andrey Geim have created a graphene – translucent layer of carbon one atom thick in 2004. From this point almost immediately and everywhere we began to hear laudatory odes about various ...
It's a bird! That's a drone! No, actually it is a drone that can cling like a bird. Bats can hang upside down, clinging to something; the birds cling to the perch and just sit on it all night. And so the new drones could use this technique save energ...
what Norway has succeeded better than any other country, so it is in the processing of plastic waste. If the U.S. level of reuse of plastic reaches only 30%, in the Nordic country, this figure reaches unimaginable 97%, and in the ...
In the Chinese city of Hefei in 2006 the development of the "artificial sun" to simulate the process of nuclear fusion, which now generates energy. To get alternative and unlimited source of energy, scientists heated plasma to rec...
In late February revealed details of the drone , which is designed to support manned aircraft. He will be ready for its first flight only in 2020, while the same drone "Valkyrie XQ58-A" from the USAF and Kratos company has already...